For the best results, follow these steps when exporting from Premiere:
- File > Export > Media…
- Set Format to ‘H.264’ for resolutions up to Full HD (1920x1080).
- Set Format to ‘HEVC (H.265)’ for 4K and above.
- Set Preset to ‘Match Source - High bitrate’
- Select the Output Name to change the name of the output file and location.
- Under Bitrate Settings, update the Target Bitrate to our recommended amount based on the resolution of your source content. (480p: 3.5 mbps) (720p: 7.5 mbps) (1080p: 10 mbps [DVD/USB/Online] or up to 20 mbps [Blu-ray]) (4k: 35 mbps)
- Set ‘Maximum Bitrate’ approximately 10% above the Target Bitrate.
- Select ‘Queue’ (to queue in Adobe Media Encoder) or ‘Export’ (to export immediately from Premiere).