We've added new features to the collection editor that are now dependent on the videos being transcoded. If a video was added that had not finished transcoding, you would be unable to do the following:
- scrub the video to specify a start time
- grab a poster frame for a thumbnail on the scene menu
- see the total duration of videos in the collection
- preview the video associated with the button
- potentially other things that are unknown at this time
Also, if there was a problem transcoding the video after it was added to the collection, you would have a video linked from a collection menu that potentially could never playback. By preventing videos from being added to collections until they finish transcoding, we are preventing the client from having a bad experience.
We will certainly continue to look for ways to better streamline the collection creation process. In fact, we are considering modifying the entire process of associating videos with collections once we add project organization. After this change, you would simply go straight to the collection editor after clicking the button to create a collection. You could then add videos to the menu and choose from videos in the same project or link any video from your account.